A Philadelphia man was charged Friday night with killing a 29-year-old Bucks County woman and her unborn child, authorities said.

Police found the body of Anna Angok slumped on a couch with her 2-year-old daughter seated in a chair next to the couch in her Bristol Township apartment Wednesday evening, according to a probable cause affidavit. She was pronounced dead at the scene and an autopsy conducted Friday morning found that she was pregnant and had been strangled. The toddler was unharmed.

Jaleel Lamar Loper, 27, of the 2600 block of Southampton Road, was charged with criminal homicide, criminal homicide of an unborn child, and possessing an instrument of crime. He was arraigned before District Judge Frank W. Peranteau Sr., who ordered Loper held without bail at the Bucks County Correctional Facility until a preliminary hearing scheduled for Oct. 10.

The affidavit states that Loper and Angok were in a relationship and that he knew she was pregnant.

Investigators recovered chat files from her two cell phones, which were found in her apartment, and learned that she had told Loper earlier on Wednesday that she was ending their relationship. In the chat files, Loper accused Angok of aborting their child, the affidavit says.

Around 6 p.m. Wednesday, an unidentified man called 911, provided Angok's address at the Glen Hollow Apartments on Newportville Road, and said, "please hurry."

Police went to the apartment, got no response and left. They returned minutes later after a woman called 911 and said she had been contacted by Angok's concerned foster father.

The foster father had received a call from an unidentified man using Angok's cell phone at 5:51 p.m. saying she was unconscious and needed help.

The woman who made the second 911 call told police that she had provided a ride to Angok from her job and her daughter's daycare location to Angok's apartment around 4:20 p.m.

On Friday, Loper told police he was with someone else when Angok was killed, but the purported alibi witness provided a different account, saying they got together later that evening.

On Thursday, Loper failed to show up for his job and left four voicemails with Bucks County detectives professing his concern about Angok's well-being, saying that he unsuccessfully tried to contract her through her family, the affidavit says. Loper claimed he had not been in touch with her since Wednesday afternoon when she was still at work.